The General Ledger screen tracks all fees/fines, invoices, credits/discounts, and payments across all modules. No direct entries or modifications are made within the General Ledger. All changes are controlled at the record level across the modules.
Navigate to Invoicing System > General Ledger
- Use the filters at the top of the screen to narrow/define search results
- Fee Category: This allows the user to limit the search to specific fee types to display within the system.
- Start/End Date: The date range shows the past 3 months of activity by default.
- Transaction/Sub Transaction Codes: These fields display the accounting codes established during system setup. These codes will be used when exporting financial data to the accounting system.
- Case Category: This drop-down is used to limit the types of records that are associated with a financial transaction.
Fee Type: This drop-down list will populate with data based on the selection made in the Fee Category drop-down list. Using the Fee category and Fee type lists, users can limit search results to very specific fees. If no Fee category is selected, the fee type will show all fees/fines contained within the system.
- Record Type: This field header changes names based on the Case Category selected. The results of the search would be limited to showing only those financial transactions that met the selected type.
- Report Type: Choose to display the search results in a ledger or report format.
Display Type: This will limit the details of what is being displayed in the search results. Setting this to Display Details shows every fee/fine associated with the record entry. Limiting the search to Hide Details only displays fees/fines that have payments assigned to them and any other credits.
- Click Search Fee Transactions
- View the fee transaction results
- The Case # link for a specific row can be clicked on to view/edit the record information
- To download a copy of the General Ledger report, click Export CSV