Each CivicGov module displays a list of the open records contained in the system. The data displayed will vary from module to module. However, the functionality of the list remains constant throughout all modules.
Definition of Open Records by Module
In general, open records are those that have not been completed, rejected, or marked as abandoned. Here is an explanation of what open records mean in each module:
Tax Parcels: All records are displayed
Permits/Projects/Planning/Zoning Records: Any record with a status of open, pending, or approved is displayed
All Inspections: Any inspection across all modules using inspections, that has a status of open, pending, requested, to be canceled, or rescheduled is displayed
Note: Requested, to be canceled, and rescheduled are used with the Citizen Action Portal where inspection requests and management can be scheduled online.
Violations: Any record that shows as and status other than closed or resolved.
Complaints: Any status that shows as open or pending. The status of Violation Issued within complaints closes out the complaint as the issue is now managed by the Violation system.
The Search feature built-in to each module is identical. The fields available to search will vary from module to module but the process remains the same.
- Select the Search option under a module
- Choose to search all records or only the open records for the module
- Click the Open/Close Search Box button
- Use the search parameters for the module (differs depending on the module) to enter search criteria
Note: The system supports complex search functions where multiple fields are populated. For example, a user can enter a partial property address in the location fields, enter a few letters in the owner name field, and can pick specific violation types, violation statuses and even date ranges all at the same time.
- Once the required search criteria are entered, click the Generate Search Results button and the system will list the results of the search process
- Once the search is executed, the list of results will display
- Column Headers: Each column displayed in the list has a header name. In the image above from the permitting system are the Parcel #, Building ID, etc. Each of those columns can be sorted either in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column name. The column name asks as a toggle and will change the order as required by the user.
- Details Column: The left column (Permit # in the example above) links out to the details for the record
- Click the Print List button to print a PDF list (in a spreadsheet format) of all the records that met the search criteria
Note: If the details of each record listed in the results need to be printed, click the Print Full button. Warning - This could result in a large volume of printed material.
- Click Clear Search when done
Note: If you do not, generating an additional search will utilize the uncleared search criteria. Example: If a search for specific records displayed 10 records listed that met the search criteria, generating a 2nd search would only search those 10 records listed and not the entire module database.