The document repository is a database within CivicGov. It contains data from all the record modules and from various tabs contained within individual records.
Common Uses at Various Levels
- Parcels/Property: The document repository stores items such as deed copies, land records, or other records associated with property information
- Permit/Project/Planning and Zoning: At this level, the system maintains documents such as PDF versions of the plans related to the project, images of the site, hard copies scanned into CivicGov of any forms, etc. that are required as part of the project review process
- Inspections: The system maintains copies of images taken as evidence when associated with complaints, violations or fire/safety, or other inspection issues
- Licensing or Other Modules: Provides a repository to upload any documents required for the processing of records maintained within CivicGov
Supported File Types
Only JPG, PDF, PNG, GIF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, and TXT files are allowed.
- Select Search or List under the applicable module
- Search for and open the record
- Navigate to the Documents tab
Note: Document tabs exist at the inspection record level as well as the main level of records such as permits and projects. The user needs to have an internal set of procedures established for the management of the repository.
- Select the Click here to attach files link to upload files from your device
- Or, to take a picture, click Invoke Camera and then Take / Save Snapshot
Note: Direct scanning of documents is not currently supported.
- Review the attached files and click Save
- If needed, add a Description/Notes regarding the uploaded files
- To delete a file, select the Del link under the File Name column
- Click Ok on the pop-up that says Are you sure you want to delete this document?
- Click Save after making any additions or changes