The Database Management screen is where you can manage settings and data for the modules.
Access Database Management
- Go to Admin Tools > Database Management
- Select a module to customize
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate Permit processing.
- Permit Types and Use - Create and manage permit types
- Trade Permit Questionnaire - Add questionnaires
- Certificate Types - Create certificate types, set ordering and availability for specific modules
- Foundation Types and Materials - Add foundation types and customize available materials
- Structure Types - Manage the available structure types
- Applicant Types - Also defined as Affidavit Applicant Types
- Contact Types - Add names and abbreviations for contact types
- Insurance Types - Set the types of insurance
- Zone Structure / Permit Types - Manage the list of zone structure and zone permit types
- Proposed Zone Users - Set the proposed uses for zoning
- Current Zoning Types - Manage the list of current zoning types
- Census Codes, BCC, and BCC Include - Configure the census codes list
This screen is used to populate information about the building itself for use with Inspections, Permits, Projects, etc.
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate Inspection processing.
- Inspections (Safety) - Set the Inspection Types, Cycle, Checklists, and Relationship information
- Fire Inspections - Set the Fire Inspection Types, Checklists, and Relationship information
- Inspection Cycle - This can be used for both Fire and Safety Inspections
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate Violation processing.
- Violation Options - Set the Violation Types, Statuses, and Reasons
- Violation Subtype Relationships - Used to create/edit new subtypes and their availability to the Portal
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate Complaints processing. Learn more on the Create & Manage Complaint Types article.
- Complaint - Configure the Complaint Types and Status
- Complaint Subtype Relationships - Used to create/edit new subtypes and their availability to the Portal
- Request and Concern Types to Violation Types - This allows you to associate the Request/Concerns Type/Subtype to the appropriate Violation Type/Subtype
Planning & Zoning
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate Projects and Meeting processing.
- Project - Configure Project Types and Uses
- Meeting - Set Meeting Types, Statuses, Topics, and Subtopics
- Variance - Add Variance Types and Actions
- Signatory Titles - This sets permission on access to Permits, Inspections, Violations, Complaints, and Projects for the various inspector types
This screen is used to populate/edit information to facilitate License processing.
- License Status - Manage the list of available license statuses
- Business - Set Business Types, Subtypes, and Special License Requirements (Permits and Inspections)
- Insurance Requirements - This option sets flags for requiring insurance, workers compensation, or no insurance
- Inspection and Renewal Cycles - This option is used to preset those values (30 days, 60 days, etc.)
This screen is used to populate/edit information for various values that impact the other modules.
- Fee Types - This screen is for building/editing the fee logic for permits or valuations. There are several options to define how fees get charged in this option.
- Permit Type to Uses Relationship - This allows the user to set the multiple permits to be used against a specific permit type
- Preset Fees for Records - Manage set fees for case codes
- Departments - Create departments and assign invoicing preferences
- Users Within Departments - Set the default contacts for departments
- User Groups - Assign groups the final approval authority for Permits, Projects, Planning, and Zoning
- Group Members - Assign departments and individuals to various groups
- Advanced Routing - Manage what Groups, Departments, and/or Users should be notified for approvals
- Resources - Manage resources and their start/end dates
- Workflow Statuses - Set status values; some values are fixed (non-editable), but more can be added/edited as needed
- Manage Schedules - This is an editable calendar for managing current or future items
- Import Checklists - Import a .CSV file to populate the checklist values
- Additional Fields - Create fields that don’t already exist in the database to build those fields into Forms, especially for Portal use