The Business Licensing Module is used to manage the licensing of businesses and contractors within the municipality.
Add a License
- Navigate to Licensing System > Add Record
- Enter the Legal Business Name
Note: The legal business name is a required field and will appear and be used in many letters, invoices, and reports as one of the main identifiers for each record.
- Select the Business Type and Sub-Type from the drop-downs
- Enter Primary Contact Information for the license
- If the business is physically located within the municipality, scroll down to the Property Address Information section and click Search Parcel
Note: If the property has multiple buildings or suites, users can assign a license directly to a specific building or suite. If a business is not physically located within the municipality limits, do not enter parcel information and instead manually populate the address in the Business Address field.
- On the pop-up screen, Search for the parcel
- Select the parcel and click Associate License
- Scroll down and click Save License
- Complete the steps below to continue processing the license record
Edit an Existing License
- Navigate to Licensing System > List and select a record
If needed, adjust the License Status
- Configure the remaining Business Information fields, as needed
- Navigate through the remaining tabs and fill out as needed:
Inspections: Add and schedule inspections
Documents: Attach files to the record, if needed
- Fees: Add and manage fees, create invoices, and apply payments to the application
- Insurance: Review and add any necessary insurance data
Status: The Status tab is used to control the routing of various applications to the required departments for review and approval prior to the application being approved
Forms: View the forms that were filled out via the Portal application process
Bonds: View and add bonds to the license
Projects / Permits: View any associated projects or permits for the license
Violations: View any associated violations
Complaints: View any associated complaints
Related Licenses: If needed, add sublicenses to the record
- Inspections: Add and schedule inspections
- Click Save License
Select Print Menu to print the project application, placard, or any other related document
Business Information Fields
- Legal Business Name: The legal business name is a required field and will appear and be used in many letters, invoices, and reports as one of the main identifiers for each record.
- Business Type / Sub-Type: These fields are required and are critical to the correct identification of the business.
- Business Address: Enter the physical address of the business. If the business is physically located within the municipality, use the Parcel under the Property Address section to populate this field.
Office Phone: The number should not use spaces or dashes. This is a critical identifier to ensure each business has a unique customer record entry in the invoicing system for accounting and billing purposes.
- Business Email: Enter the email address. This is a critical identifier to ensure each business has a unique customer record entry in the invoicing system for accounting and billing purposes.
- Permit Number: Link to specific permit records
- Inspection Number: Link the license to an inspection
- EIN/Tax Number: If you are a county government and are referencing a state license number, enter it in the EIN/Tax Number field.
- License Number: The system will automatically generate a license number once the License Status field is changed to Active
- License Status: If you are only entering the record as an application for later approval, leave the status as Pending. If you are entering and immediately approving or creating a license, change the status to Active to populate the next available number in the License Number field.
- Issue Date: The issue date is the date the license was marked as Active in the License Status field.
- Expiration Date: Select the date the license expires. This field will be used to generate any bulk license expiration notifications.
- Issuing Authority: Select the person whose name should appear on the placards and letters
- Signatory Title: Used only if someone is filling in for the regular staff member who issues licenses and you need to change their title just to sign a placard.
- Insurance Exemption: If you are not entering insurance information, click both check boxes so the system will disregard the insurance requirement.