The Business Licensing Module is used to manage the licensing of businesses and contractors within the municipality.
Skip to Topics in This Article
Add a License
- Navigate to Licensing System > Add Record
- Enter the Legal Business Name
Note: The legal business name is a required field and will appear and be used in many letters, invoices, and reports as one of the main identifiers for each record.
- Select the Business Type and Sub-Type from the drop-downs
- Enter Primary Contact Information for the license
- If the business is physically located within the municipality, scroll down to the Property Address Information section and click Search Parcel
Note: If the property has multiple buildings or suites, users can assign a license directly to a specific building or suite. If a business is not physically located within the municipality limits, do not enter parcel information and instead manually populate the address in the Business Address field.
- On the pop-up screen, Search for the parcel
- Select the parcel and click Associate License
- Scroll down and click Save License
- Complete the steps below to continue processing the license record
Edit an Existing License
- Navigate to Licensing System > List and select a record
- If needed, adjust the License Status
- Configure the remaining Business Information fields, as needed
- Navigate through the remaining tabs and fill out as needed:
- Inspections: Add and schedule inspections
- Documents: Attach files to the record, if needed
- Fees: Add and manage fees, create invoices, and apply payments to the application
- Insurance: Review and add any necessary insurance data
- Status: The Status tab is used to control the routing of various applications to the required departments for review and approval prior to the application being approved
- Forms: View the forms that were filled out via the Portal application process
- Bonds: View and add bonds to the license
- Projects / Permits: View any associated projects or permits for the license
- Violations: View any associated violations
- Complaints: View any associated complaints
- Related Licenses: If needed, add sublicenses to the record
- Inspections: Add and schedule inspections
- Click Save License
- Select Print Menu to print the project application, placard, or any other related document
Business Information Fields
- Legal Business Name: The legal business name is a required field and will appear and be used in many letters, invoices, and reports as one of the main identifiers for each record.
- Business Type / Sub-Type: These fields are required and are critical to the correct identification of the business.
- Business Address: Enter the physical address of the business. If the business is physically located within the municipality, use the Parcel under the Property Address section to populate this field.
Office Phone: The number should not use spaces or dashes. This is a critical identifier to ensure each business has a unique customer record entry in the invoicing system for accounting and billing purposes.
- Business Email: Enter the email address. This is a critical identifier to ensure each business has a unique customer record entry in the invoicing system for accounting and billing purposes.
- Permit Number: Link to specific permit records
- Inspection Number: Link the license to an inspection
- EIN/Tax Number: If you are a county government and are referencing a state license number, enter it in the EIN/Tax Number field.
- License Number: The system will automatically generate a license number once the License Status field is changed to Active
- License Status: If you are only entering the record as an application for later approval, leave the status as Pending. If you are entering and immediately approving or creating a license, change the status to Active to populate the next available number in the License Number field.
- Issue Date: The issue date is the date the license was marked as Active in the License Status field.
- Expiration Date: Select the date the license expires. This field will be used to generate any bulk license expiration notifications.
- Issuing Authority: Select the person whose name should appear on the placards and letters
- Signatory Title: Used only if someone is filling in for the regular staff member that issues licenses and you need to change their title just to sign a placard.
- Insurance Exemption: If you are not entering insurance information, click both check boxes so the system will disregard the insurance requirement.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.