Contractor data is maintained in the Licensing module. CivicGov has the ability to track complete contractor data including license data, status, and insurance information. The system can monitor if a contractor's license is current and if the required insurances are up-to-date.
If a municipality does not track license or insurance data, the system can still create a database of contractors that can be assigned to the current record and be available for future permits and projects. All routines and procedures listed here work the same for the permitting system and the project, planning, and zoning system.
The contractor data, the contacts tab (database), business licensing, and the insurance tab are all linked together and work behind the scenes to manage the data being entered into the system or downloaded from master database files maintained by the state, county, or local government.
Skip to Topics in This Article
Add the General / Primary Contractor
- Navigate to the Permitting or Projects module > List and select a record from the list
- Click Edit
- On the Applicant tab, scroll down to the General/Primary Contractor section and choose to either copy owner information as the contractor or search for / add a contractor from the database
Note: Contractor data cannot be directly entered into most of these fields as it protects the database from errors and data duplication. While the contractor/licensing system will track and maintain insurance information, owner insurance information must be added using the Insurance tab under the permit/project record.
- If you chose to associate a contractor from the database, a pop-up screen will appear where you can search for or add a new contractor record
Note: If you want to see all the records in the database use the % key in the Business Name field and click Search.
- The system will populate with the selected contractor information
- Scroll down and click Save
- All the contractor data will be added to the Contractors and Contacts tabs of the record
- In addition to the general/primary contractor, users can add as many sub-contractors as required by navigating to the Contractors tab of the record
- Click Add New to add a sub-contractor
- Search for an existing contractor and click Add to tie them to the record
Note: If the contractor is not in the system, select Add Business/Contractor to add them to the database and record.
- Click Save
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.