The Property tab contains detailed information about the property associated with the current Project/Permit record. Some of the fields affect data contained in other areas. This tab contains detailed information about the subject structure for the current Project/Permit record. If existing data for this parcel is available the link will appear. By clicking this link, any data maintained at the parcel level for this property can be populated to all the fields under this tab, saving the user from typing all the data.
- Type/Improvement: This field contains a drop-down list (can be customized for each location). It complements the project type/use fields under the Applicant tab by identifying the specific actions associated with the project/permit such as selections like addition, alteration, remodel, repair, replace, etc.
- Accessory/Structure: This field is used to identify any accessory structures that may be associated with the main project/permit record. The structure data is based on national standards but can be modified for local use.
- Occupancy Classification: This field identifies the type of occupancy classification based on national occupational classifications such as assembly, residential, industrial, etc. This field also populates year-end report data required by many states.
- Property Type Code: This field is a drop-down list of all the property type codes (if provided) contained in the parcel system and provided by the assessor or GIS data sets. It can be used to track specific types of property for various purposes such as commercial, residential, and special properties that have to be tracked for various recurring permit or inspection requirements, etc.
- Current Zoning: This field lists the current zoning established by the municipality. This data can be populated from the tax parcel data provided by the tax assessor/collector or any GIS mapping data provided by the municipality. If the zoning data is not provided by the municipality sources listed, the user will have to manually populate this data which will be stored at the record and at the parcel/property/asset level.
- Proposed Zoning: This field is used for zoning processing, and in the planning and zoning system when a change of use or zoning applications have been received.
- Project Cost: This is a critical field as it is used to calculate any fees associated with project costs.
- Project Value: This field is critical to fee calculations associated with the project. The value is what is determined by the staff using various value calculation methods.
- Property Type Description: This field should be used to describe the property type.
- Description of Work / Current Use and Proposed Changes: This field is critical for those who required a specific description of the project/permit to appear on the placard. It provides the details of what the record is for.
The fields in this area of the Property tab are linked together but can be manually entered. Lot dimensions and lot area can be automatically populated from the assessor data imported into CivicGov or from the GIS data imported and updated on a regular basis if that data is available from those systems. Otherwise, this information must be manually loaded and it will be stored at the parcel level for future application usage.
- Lot Width / Depth: This data can be calculated using the "click here" feature. This will calculate the Lot Area and the AC (acres) fields.
- Total area of building and accessory structures: This field should be a combination of the Usable area under the Structure tab and any accessory structures. This field will be used to calculate the total area of improvements and for lot coverage activities. The lot coverage field will be populated as the total area of buildings and accessory structures populated.
- Total area of all man-made improvements: When populated will automatically calculate the Improved Coverage field.
- Lot / Improved Coverage: These fields will be added to the parcel data (future upgrade) so that the over lot coverage and improvement percentage can be totaled based on permit and project activity.
- General Notes: Add any general notes for the record.
- Restrictions / Variances: This field can be populated manually with data by the user but it will also be automatically populated from any activity relating to zoning board activity or variance issuance related to projects maintained within CivicGov.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.